We’re currently looking for volunteers to support our Nightfall event in Stewart Park, Middlesbrough between 1 and 4 December 2022.
There are a variety of shift times and a range of roles available.
The roles can range from supervising artworks, talking to the public about the installations and making sure everyone gets as much from the exciting festival on offer as possible.
We are looking for people 18+ from all backgrounds who are keen on communicating with the public and being part of a really special event in their local area.
Signing up to to volunteer will also open opportunities to volunteer on other Tees Valley Festivals.
What will volunteering involve?
If you choose to volunteer on Nightfall you can expect to help with stewarding and signposting for the festival. The volunteering will be at various locations around the park and festival. It is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with an exciting event, and to gain experience of working on a large scale cultural festival.
Who are our Volunteers?
We couldn’t run Nightfall without the dedication, energy and enthusiasm of our wonderful volunteers. Our volunteers are passionate about the arts, the festival and our local area and we are keen to keep building a diverse and supportive community of volunteers.
What skills will you gain?
- Customer Facing Networking Skills: You will get experience of guiding, informing and greeting an audience to create a brilliant rapport around the festival
- Building a knowledge of safety aspects of a festival: Spotting & reporting any hazards or potential problems to site leaders
- Training Experience: to follow closely the protocol given at training about how to respond to an emergency or difficult situation
- Confidence in Providing Information: Being aware of and informing audience members about the event taking place on that evening, ensuring people have the best possible experience of the event
- Personal Confidence: Gain confidence in yourself & experience the rewarding feeling of giving back to your community
- Specific Work Experience: Gain work experience in your desired industry
- Growing Contact Base: Build a network of professionals already working in your desired industry gaining a good reputation with people who could potentially recommend/hire you for a paid position in the future
- Evidence of Professional Passion/Mentality: Volunteering showcases your passions and ambition for the industry you want to work in – a lot of employers will value enthusiasm as much as direct experience
Please sign up here or if there are any issues with filling in the form please contact Lindsay on 07735538095.
After you have applied, you will be sent further details on the briefing session in due course.